Guests at Zambar are welcomed by Flowers in the Brass Urli placed over traditional South Indian Rangoli at the entrance.
The Wooden Trellis with Brass ornamentation also forms a welcoming screen which blocks internal view and adds surprise to the experience. Its design is based on traditional South Indian Door pattern.
The Hostess Desk with Zambar Logo has details inspired from Hull of Kerala House Boat. Heavy Cornice flows all around the Dark Ceiling.
Guest can also enjoy food under one of the Jute Umbrellas based on south Indian Beach Umbrellas made from Coconut Leaves. Jute being one of the local coastal materials was selected for fabric. Traditional South Indian Oil Lamps illuminate the dinner under these umbrellas.
Tables and Chairs with dark Walnut finish are based on detailing from Kerala and have Woven Backrest.
The Gazebo in Zambar Restaurant provides a Cozy sitting area over benches which are integrated in Traditional South Indian Railing pattern found in Houseboats, Temples & Homes.
It has wooden Rafter ceiling based on Traditional South Indian Architecture and has woven mat Roofing made of Bamboo skin. All Wooden Pillars have Capitals which are also based on local Architectural detailing.
Booth areas provide secluded sitting in corners of Zambar Restaurant. Louvered Screens with motifs and Chick Blinds provide the desired privacy. The area has South Indian Ceiling Pattern expressed with Brass Ornamentation and Pendant Jar Lamps.
The PDR - Personal Dining Room is the favorite corner for Groups and Large Families who enjoy dining over common table with lots of interaction. Dark Walnut Louvers with Motif and Chick Blinds provide the necessary comfort. Wooden Shelf with Artifacts in the PDR area is highlighted with Rangoli Graphics on the Wall.
The Dispensing Bar – Temple of Madira is located right at the Oasis Entrance of the Mall and is attached to the Gazebo.
The Counter Design is based on the Hull of Houseboat of Kerala and has thick wooden bands with Brass Ornamentation. The Bar Display is inspired from the Chundan Vallam – Snake Boat of Kerala.
The walls of Zambar Restaurant are draped with Paintings provide glimpse to South Indian Coastal Culture & Traditions.
Landscapes and Lifestyle is depicted in few of the Paintings. Chettinad Wooden Frames do justice to the glory of Coastal South Indian Canvas Paintings.
Gazebo is a blend of South Indian Coastal Architectural Elements & Details of Bat Construction from Kerala. Where the Pillars and Wooden Detailing represents Architecture, the Canopy, Roofing and Wooden Flooring of Gazebo are inherited from Kerala Houseboats.
Virtual Construction provided us with the tools to Design Complex HVAC System so as to achieve maximum height for the Restaurants to enhance its Grandeur. Visualization helped us experiment with Materials, Colors and Lighting and also provided critical On-Site understanding for our Execution Teams to achieve intricate Detailing of Elements.
Zambar is a Fine Dine South Indian Coastal Cuisine Restaurant Designed by Schopfer and is owned by Food Industry Giant ‘Lite Bite Foods’. Zambar serves culinary dishes from India’s four Coastal states - Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu & Andhra Pradesh.
* I was so smitten by the amazing interiors, the bamboo canopy and all that that I insisted we eat there.
*Amazing ambiance!! The place makes you feel you are in Kerela and has been designed very well, complimented well by the soft traditional south Indian music playing in the background and the furnishings.
* Wow ... is the feeling when someone enter Zambar, Amanora Town Center. The Ambiance is just amazing. The houseboat likes interiors make you feel like you are in Kerala and having a dinner in houseboat. Those who have been there will relate more and enjoy more.
* Good ambience with a relatively calm feel to it.
* The ambience of the restaurant is just great and it has a unique feel to it.
* Authentic cuisine in a great environment
* The ambiance is amazing, giving a feeling that we were in Kerala. Being a malayali, I could recognise the typical furniture you can find only in Kerala.
* The interiors are amazingly done and give the feeling of Kerala.
* Nice place, great ambience!
* Ambiance of the restaurant is very nice.
* Apart from Zambar's unique interiors ( which transcends you to a Kerala houseboat lunch/dinner in your very own Pune), the food i must say is one of the best served up in Pune.
Copyright © 2013
Schopfer: Architects + Interior Designers
All rights reserved.